Thursday, November 23, 2006

No pants and no turkey. Yet.

Well, trying to get dressed today to go to Anth's mom's house for turkey proved futile. I was trying to get dressed and bent my knee on accident. It froze in the bent position, spasmed, and hurt like hell. I had to unbend it with my hands. Excrutiating, I tell you. Anthony and Chachi went to turkey time without me. It bums me out because I really dig his folks and hanging out with them. His mom is a hell of a cook and comfort food is her specialty. I really hope that they hurry the hell home with the left overs.

On a positive note, I'm getting around better. I can actually rest my foot on the ground when I'm hobbling around. I don't put all of my weight on it or straighten it, but I'm seeing an improvment since yesterday. I took a couple of tentative steps and it didn't hurt very much.

I've been googling the hell out of my injury, and I've decided that I sprained my MCL. We'll see if the doc agrees. I'm going to call around to a bunch of ortho places tomorrow AM to see if I can get in. I really don't want to put off the doc until Tuesday. But if Dr. Slamazon is correct, I'll be back to light activity in a week or two. And if I can get over a broken tailbone, I can sure as hell get over this.

Cripes, where are my left overs? C'MON!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home