Sunday, November 12, 2006

Not my strong suit

Poor Chocolate Thunder. He tried very, very hard to teach me to get my big ass off the ground quickly tonight. This is the first time I've ever felt totally frustrated. Like my body just could not do something. I was on my knee pads, my right foot up on my toe stop, and my other leg refused to swiftly cruise through into a fluid stride. It wouldn't even drag through to a clumsy stride. OK, fine, it was pretty much frozen in place.

Then the CT lightbulb went off. Dominant leg should come through for the stride. Yep, that's it. It was clumsy and slow, but it worked. By that time, I had been up and down 50 times and I was dying. My hip was locking up and I was dripping sweat all over, so I didn't have a lot of energy to celebrate.

We came up with some strategies to help me survive scrimmaging. My heart starts racing just a little bit thinking about it, but I know I need to go out there and I think my head is ready. It's just this damn body that I need to worry about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home