Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Ah, f*ck me

I'm sitting on the couch right now with my left leg elevated and a bag of frozen southwestern veggie blend resting on my knee. I took an ugly fall at practice tonight. My toe stop caught and my body kept going. I didn't hear anything pop or crack, just twist in a very odd direction. And my knee doesn't hurt, per se, it just feels unstable and stiff.

I'm going to get a good nights' sleep and head to urgent care in the AM. The clinic I go to has all kinds of docs on staff, so I should be able to get in to see someone who knows what they are talking about.

I've made the decision not to freak out. Frankly, after breaking my tailbone, this is nothing. On a scale of one to ten, the pain of the tailbone fracture was a 9 and this is maybe a 3. I'm going to remain optimistic. I really don't think this will keep me off my skates for very long.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I feel like an idiot, I did not know you fell! It is that damn floor I tell you, I was so mad at it tonight, cause the same shit almost happened to me. I wanted to stop and yell directly at the floor like I was scolding it or something, but I thought everyone might figure out I'm kinda crazy. I hope you're ok, actually I am pretty sure you will be up and rollin in no time! That practice kicked my arse.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home