Saturday, November 18, 2006

Skate and rub down

I went to Mt. Scott today to skate with a few new girls on the fresh meat team and Judge Mental to work on some basics. Judge Mental is such a good teacher, and she's good at breaking down different pieces of strides, turns and stops. The Mt. Scott rink is tiny. And it seems even smaller when there are birthday parties going on. But there was plenty of room to practice a bunch of stuff and amuse the kids with our full gear.

After the skate I headed over for my massage. The whole hour was spent working on my back and hips, and a little into the hamstrings. My massage guy said my back was loosening up nicely, but my left hip is still a problem area. He could trace the line of the pain with his finger, all the way from my tailbone to my hip. I should be able to counteract the strain of skating with massage and strength exercises. I'll work it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home