Friday, November 03, 2006

Despite the negative rumblings

I've know I've been stringing together some not so good days in a row. But despite my inability to participate fully in practices right now, I still love it.

I love being part of derby.
I love putting my pads on and changing my wheels and lacing on my skates.
I love those few good crossovers I've been managing to work in.
I love looking around the rink while we're doing stretching and seeing a whole lot of rad girls.
I love that I kick ass at pilates sit-ups.
I love when my ponytail is soaking with sweat after practice.
I love that my trainer believes in me and uses me as a success story.
I love the being big is a benefit and not a liability.
I love that I fell over on a corner and it didn't hurt and I got back up and kept skating.
I love that I understand the timing of blocking.
I love watching the travel team scrimmage and work so well together.
I love that I have a lesson with Chocolate Thunder tomorrow, and even though I don't feel great I'm going to go power through it despite the rain and cold.
I love that when Chocolate Thunder tells me to do something, that my body listens to my brain.
I love the great friends that I've made.
I love every girl that has told me "we all started out this way, it'll get better, the endurance will come."
I love every girl who has said to me "dang, I hope I don't have to skate against you", even when I'm not even close to keeping up with them.
I love how my legs ache in that awesome way the day after practice.
I love my mystery bruises.
I love telling anyone who will listen that I am a Rose City Roller.

1 Comments:

Blogger Viva Von said...

Yay!!! Rose City Slamazon!!! Woo hoo!!!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home