Monday, November 06, 2006

At least I had the weekend

I had the best skating weekend. My lesson with Chocolate Thunder on Saturday was amazing. Goodie TwoSkates came along and I had the best time. I'm really getting my cross-overs and I'm getting used to all kinds of stops.

Last night's endurance practice was my best one yet. Something clicked and I had a great practice. I kept skating the whole time and was feeling really confident on the floor. I wasn't going as fast as the rest of the team, but I far exceeded anything I was able to do before.

And tonight, I crashed and burned. I went to a team practice tonight and was horrible. The stuff that nightmares are made of. I was scared to attempt half the drills, the ones I did do were bad, and I just really beyond sucked.

I guess eventually I'll just have "off nights", but I finally had an "on" night and was hoping for more. I definitely defeated myself in my head and need to get over that. My fear got the best of me.

I'm going to file tonight away as an anomoly, and keep my chin up for tomorrow's fresh meat practice.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey lady, you did have an awesome night Sunday. You looked so confident out there. Just remember (cause I have so much experience to be telling you, huh), but the best things in life are always the hardest AND overcoming your fears is worth the rewards. Remind me of this when we start scrimmaging, cause I will porobably shit my pants. lol

~SuSu

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Slamazon. You know this blog here is making me angry. You totally rocked it on Sunday and you know it! There are always going to be bad nights, but in case you've failed to notice, the bad nights are getting fewer and fewer. You're making huge strides in your progess. It's OK if you forget sometimes how great you're doing, because I'll keep reminding you.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Viva Von said...

Girl, at least you can balance yourself on skates!!!

Not that I can't... *avert gaze*

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home