Thursday, March 23, 2006

Derby time and birthday

Ah, the big 33 tomorrow. I'm ready for the birthday fun. Don't tell anybody, but I'm almost more excited about the derby on Saturday than I am about my birthday. I'm keeping that to myself because I don't want to miss out on any presents.

I woke up this morning, got dressed for the gym, and made it to the front door. I felt like utter junk. Coughing, shaky and clammy. I made the exec decision to go back to bed. I am not surprised that I'm getting birthday sick. It happens a lot. Well, for the past 4 years at least.

After 2 more hours of sleep, I slogged my way to work and made it through the day. I hope I'm feeling better tomorrow. I actually missed going to the gym and feeling alive at work this morning. don't tell anybody about that either.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

//sloppy kisses
Mandy

7:25 AM  
Blogger Sometimes Velma said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Love, Cherry

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Your secrets are safe with me!!!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Viva Von said...

OMG!!

HAPPY EFF'N BIRTHDAY EVE!!!

*butt pinches*

Waaaa hoooo!!!!

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya Kate! Ms. Moo here. I couldn't find your email address but was thinkin bout you when reading this on one of my rinks sites..

"Formerly, Roller Derby was a money making sport that was strictly orchestrated, much like WWF of today. Not anymore..these girls mean business and the winners aren't pre-selected. They train hard, play harder and so what if you get a few bumps and bruises, live with it.
It's not a sport for whiners and crybabies.

Played on a flat track, on quad skates, these ladies get out all that aggression on their opponents."

My favorite like "it's not a sport for whiners and crybabies"

Rock on Kate!!!!

Happy Birthday! Happy Derby Day!

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home