Monday, March 13, 2006

Get yer tickets!

Rose City Rollers tickets for the March 25th bout are on sale now. (I hope it's OK that I yoinked their poster image. My intentions are very pure). I swear, it will be the most entertaining 12 dollars you've ever spent. And if you see me there and whisper the words "Slamazon loves PBR" in my ear, I'll buy you one! Really. That's how much I want you all to go. And a plastic cup is $4.50. I'm not messing around. These girls put on an amazing event. I can't wait to be part of it...

I downloaded the Women's Flat Track Derby Association's (WFTDA) Minimum Skill Requirments from their Web site today. It's a pretty long checklist of skills, but very do-able eventually. It's good to know that they require all of those skills of everyone out on the track. Who knows if it's adhered to everywhere, but I could tell the Portland girls were serious about training and the safety of their people.

I really wanted to skate today and I thought I would make it home with enough light to hit the parking lot. But alas, a light rain started to fall as I was driving home. I think Anth and I will hit the ADULT ONLY (thank you baby jesus) skate at Oaks Park Thursday night.

I started my interval training at the gym today and start my new weight training routine tomorrow. Why is 5:45 am seeming earlier and earlier? I really hope I adjust soon. I am not my typical chipper self and I don't like it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"ADULT ONLY ... skate at Oaks Park" - sounds kinda Cinemax. What REALLY goes on with you roller derby types?

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That poster makes me think of the Bay City Rollers from when I was a kid! S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y NIGHT!!! OMG did I just date myself or what???

You Rock!!!!

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home