Friday, March 17, 2006

Gym pouting and kilts

First, the dude at the left has nothing to do with skating. However, he was kind enough to put his stuff down on the street and pose for me today, that I figured I'd make a St. Paddy's day blog effort. So there you go. Happy green beer.

After hitting snooze a few times this morning, I was thisclose to just staying in bed and pushing the workout to the weekend. But no, I decided to drag myself to the gym. I arrrived, got all watered up and heart monitored and all the functioning treadmills were taken and 2 were broken. Rude. I had to do today's particular workout on the treadmill, so I pouted for a minute, grabbed my stuff and left.

I think I'm more annoyed with my denying my strong intuition to stay in bed (granted, I have this intuition daily) than I was with the gym situation. I'll just go tomorrow, no biggie. But how nice would that extra hour of sleep have been?

I met with trainer Britt today. I felt so much more confident going in to see her. Month 2 of my worrkouts looks great. Longer cardio sessions and much more weight work. Oh, and I'm going to spend time in the basement, with my skates on, sitting down and getting up. It'll help that I'm getting up without just having taken a big ol' fall.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bella said...

An extra hour of sleep would always be good! lol

2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home