Thursday, March 16, 2006

My first fall

I totally biffed it in the parking lot skating after work yesterday. It was an easy fall, kind of slow motion. The skating gods were kind. I was totally good at falling. Getting up is another story.

Thank god I live on a dead-end street. My guess is that I got up in the worst way possible. Got the legs straigtened out, hands still on the ground. With my knees locked, I flung my torso upward and hoped for the best. Not smart. The derby gods had my back again, and I didn't just flop backward on my ass. I did a comical slap-sticky arms like propellors thing, and managed to keep myself upright. It was one of the most exhausting things I've ever done.

I put in a special request to my trainer today to work on falling over and getting up, repeatedly. I asked that I kindly not have to do that at the gym. I meet with her tomorrow to get my new workout routine. I'm just finishing up my third week of the first month of the program. 3 down, 17 more to go.

And my best friend Meg finally got internet access in her Brooklyn apartment. My darling love, reading my blog, 3,000 miles away.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sometimes Velma said...

OWAH!

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home