Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Belly Fire

Anth and I saw someone tonight who knows us really well, and who we haven't seen her since early January. She said to me "Something's really different about you. What's changed?" Hair, kinda. Glasses, no that's not it. Then I blurted out like an over excited 8 year old "I'm going to do roller derby!" Hell, yes. That's what she saw. My derby belly fire.

I did my new weight workout at the gym this morning. It was fine, barring the stepping up and down on the risers between exercises. Leg presses are much harder when your heart is pounding and your legs are burning.

I know it sounds corny, but when I'm struggling with something I look at my skate tattoo. It's really serving its purpose.

My boss said "Bye, Slamazon" when I was leaving work today. That was rad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sometimes Velma said...

I'm so glad you got that tattoo...ink is a witness to what we want and remember.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home