Saturday, March 18, 2006

Too early to worry

I'm already thinking about try-outs. This yet-to-be-named June evening is in my head a lot. Also some regrets that I didn't join, or know about, the league earlier when everybody who showed up could be a part of it.

What have I tried out for in the past and not made it? Cheerleading in sixth grade. That worked out to be just fine in the long run. I tried out for basketball instead and the rest is history. Fiddler on the Roof and Annie, in fourth and fifth grades respectively at the local community theater. I didn't take rejection that well back then. I couldn't understand what the people auditioning didn't see in me. I thought for sure they'd catch on to how fabulous I was in those 2 minutes.

I've managed to be relatively successful at everything I've really put my mind to. If I wasn't the best, as least I threw myself into it and had fun. I just don't know what to do with the wanting sometimes. I'm putting everything I have into my training. I'm doing really well with my eating, and I've consumed more fruits and vegetables this week than I did in the past month. I believe that I'm doing what I need to do right now.

I don't think I've been this passionate about something in a long time, and that scares me a little. I totally dig my life. The boy, the dog, my friends, my job. But there's something inside me compelling me to do this, and I hope I have my chance. I hope those girls see what I've put into this and everything I am willing to give.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home