Thursday, March 15, 2007

Taking the stairs

I had an exciting breakthrough at PT today. I can walk up and down stairs. If you're not strong enough, it can be a pretty big strain on your knee. Up is no problem. Down is still a little scary knee-wise, but I can do it.

I'm also doing much better with my one legged squats. I was in a bit of pain doing one last week, and I did 10 without a problem today.

Oh! And we've added in some modified yoga poses. I'm so excited about this progress.

My PT came to watch scrimmage practice with me last night. Someone took a pretty bad fall and didn't get up for a while. She hurt her knee pretty badly. It made me instantly sick to my stomach. I looked at my PT and said "That's why I'm so scared to skate again". I expected a "Yeah, you're right. You shouldn't do this sport, you crazy woman!" Instead, I got a "Don't worry, you'll be fine. We'll get you strong enough to handle it". Wow, OK! I'm going to believe her for now. Yep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home