Sunday, February 25, 2007

Clean

After 17 days, I was finally able to shower yesterday. And yes, it was that good. I was freaking exhausted afterward from standing up braceless for quite a while, but it was so worth it.

I think it takes me about 5 times as long to do everything right now. It's all very slow going. I'm being extra careful and conscious of every movement.

Walking around the house without a brace has been awesome and little scary. My left leg doesn't have the walking motion down quite yet and I'm still a little peg legged, mostly due to fear of it giving out on me.

I have been doing my PT exercises obsessively and feel stronger every day. The only place I'm feeling pain in down my knee where my patellar tendon was harvested for the surgery (Kerry, sorry if that grossed you out). But other than that, I'm still just feeling general soreness. I haven't taken any pain meds since early in the week.

I still haven't made it to a practice. I had wanted to go yesterday, but I went to a brunch then fell asleep for 3 hours because I was so exhausted. I'm really hoping my energy will start coming up soon. I must see derby this week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could give you some swarmy answer about how this could be the universe's way of teaching you patience, but that is such bullshit. ;)

I can not believe you are already up and around with no brace. Hurray!

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to shower before coming to brunch. What fun we had!!

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home