Sunday, February 04, 2007

Holy shit, it's February 4th!

One year ago today I attended my first Rose City Rollers bout, a night that totally changed my life! Wow.

This is putting a huge smile on my face. A year ago today, I saw Bossy Boots (now Slaymate) on a platform held up by boys with tiny bottoms and fez's, go-go-ing in skates. Who knew that while I was worrying that she would fall off and kill herself then that she would now be a really good friend of mine? Who knew that so many of these girls would be such a huge part of my life and that the Rose City Rollers would be my new family? That Ace and Vivienne and Goldie and Slaymate would become my close friends? That I would have the honor to be a part of the coolest group of women that I haven encountered in my entire life?

Even though this year has contained a fractured tailbone and a torn ACL, I will still say it was the best year of my life. No question.

One year ago today Anthony looked at me while we sat on the bleachers at the bout and said "Holy shit, you're going to do this". Holy shit, yes I am and yes I did!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, it has been a year! That is totally wild. I'm glad you went to that bout and decided to join the league. Even gladder (is that a word?) that we're friends!

4:26 AM  
Blogger Tabitha said...

girl that story is TOO cute ... love it ... and glad you're in derby too

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home