Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The only reason I don't want to go to NYC

I watched the Rose City Rollers rehearse for the bout against Seattle this weekend. The level of excitement is really starting to grow, and it was so cool seeing all of the teams in their colors. I can't believe that I'm missing the bout this weekend. It's going to be really amazing. I'll get to see it in photos and video, but it doesn't compare to being there. And it's all sold out. 3000 derby fans will be packed into the expo center. That reminds me to ask Vivienne Hell to text me with updates after each match-up...

I got a call from the surgical center today and ran through a list of questions. It was all about health problems and such, and I just said "no" over and over. Made me feel pretty damn healthy. If all goes as planned, I'll be in surgery at 8:30 AM, and should be ready to head home by 1:30 PM. I'm actually really glad that I have my trip to NYC to distract me. I think it's been a blessing and has stopped me from obsessing about surgery. I feel like I'm in amazing hands, though. The staff has been beyond helpful and professional. I have my last pre-op PT appointment in the morning. I'm so ready to get on to rehab.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home