Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year

I'm usually not a sap about the new year, but this year I love having a metaphorical fresh start.

It's going to be interesting because I have some major life-altering stuff pre-determined. You know, just a little surgery and 6 months of rehab. But I need to focus on the things I can control.

So, I can sit around and mope about what I can't do, or I can take charge of the things that I can do. I know that rehab is going to be a lot of work mentally and physically, and it's going to take a lot of focus. It's not optional either, because walking with a normal gait and having a strong knee is pretty much non-negotiable.

I'm also going to need to focus on getting my body the nutrients it needs to heal. In the past, it's been important, but I do feel like it's neccessary now. I want my body to be healthy and ready for surgery and to get it everything it needs to recover. I'm pretty sure that cheez-its do not aid the body in quick healing, so I'll be searching out some carrots, oranges, and squash for my orange foods.

Jesus, I have a big year ahead of me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a little sappy today, my dear! We can still eat Cheez-It's though, can't we? In between you working out, eatting healthy and all that jazz? Maybe while riding in the car? Doesn't food you eat while in the car not count?

7:01 PM  
Blogger Diva! said...

You are a strong determined gal! I have no worries that you wont be even stronger on the other side!

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home