Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Scheduled

I'll be having my surgery on Feburary 8th.

There is plenty of good news. My meniscus isn't torn. I'll be having a run of the mill ACL reconstruction, using my patellar tendon. I'll be able to go to NYC at the end of January for my biggest event of the year, then come back and have my surgery. I should be walking like a normal girl by that time. They might give me a brace, but I should be pretty damn mobile.

I thought I might end up getting surgery sooner than later, but my surgeon likes to wait at least 6 weeks after the injury to let the knee "calm down". The stronger I can be going into surgery, they better of I'll be for rehab. I totally buy into that. It seems so far away right now, but I know it happen really fast.

I could get the surgery in mid-January, but I'm so happy that my doc is OK with putting it off a couple of weeks so I can make my trip to NYC. And that means I'll get to see my best friend in the world Megan. I was so afraid I was going to miss seeing her.

It was a pretty tiring day, topped off with watching Fresh Meat practice tonight. The girls started scrimaging tonight and it was tough to watch. It's just really hard not being out there. And knowing that I won't be out there for a while. Thank god I have a good therapist.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes PERFECT with your surgery and that you can skate again SOON! You have such a great attitude and it just plain sucks that this happened to you when you have been working so hard! I know it's cliche but GET WELL SOON and keep your chin up!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Diva! said...

I'm glad to hear things are turning out ok. I wanted to ask you at FM but figured you must be tired of repaeting to all that ask. If I can help you let me know.

Divalicous HandiSlap

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home