Monday, December 04, 2006

Blur

I had a great weekend full of derby. On Saturday night we celebrated the opening of our new practice space. Until now, we've been practicing at 3 different locations on different nights of the week. All practices are now at our building at Oaks. Permanent. All ours. How rad is that? Our president will have her own office and we have a home. After the party, I watched derby girls take over a bar for the first time. Those poor unsuspecting hipsters. I don't think they knew what hit them.

Sunday was a practice (that included loading the sport court into the new space), some skating (which I watched longingly from the sidelines) and a league meeting. It's always cool to see details of the nuts and bolts of how the league functions, and it is stunningly functional. These ladies run a tight ship, and I'm amazed at the business savvy of the organization.

My life has been full of leg lifts, trying to bend my knee and flexing my quad. I think my leg is straightening a bit more and it's not hurting as much to flex, even though my range of motion isn't much beyond 90%. I have PT tomorrow morning at 7:30, so we'll see what they say. I'm hoping to be off my crutches soon. They're really just a little support now. I only use them with a lot of pressure when I have to stand still. I've been doing my exercises religiously, and I really hope it pays off with the ditching of the crutches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home