Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Chin up

I got a little down at practice tonight. I couldn't keep up with the first couple of drills. The first one people had to lap the pack in pairs. The second one required teams to skate in a pack and call out the people behind them while looking over their shoulders. The third was a paired up blocking drill that felt great. It's going to be my strong suit, obviously.

The entire league spent the rest of the night scrimmaging the travel team. I didn't put myself in the line-up. I wanted to, but I let my worry of not being able to keep up get the best of me. I'm kind of regretting it. But I suppose that there will be plenty more practices when I will be ready.

I know I'll feel better when I'm skating with the fresh meat team and more girls at my level. I'm just getting a little tired of getting my ass handed to me. But I won't give up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi again! I have to tell you I think you're awesome and your passion for roller derby is obvious. Please don't look at what you are doing as getting your ass handed to you, (even if it feels like that!)Instead, think of it as getting some additional training that will set you apart from the rest of the fresh meat!

You rock. You are an inspiration!

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

perhaps some day you'll get whiplash like i have. or you may even give it to me. in fact i'm looking forward to the day that you willl make my body hurt from a hit.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home