Thursday, March 09, 2006

After a restless night, the verdict is in

I'm glad I didn't try out last night. As much as I wanted to be out there, it would have not been a good idea for me. I lack endurance, time on skates, and strength right now. I would have been totally struggling out there. No question. That'll be me stretching someday.

But it was really difficult. I was envious of the comraderie that I saw starting already. I felt like the new kid at school at a 4th grade slumber party that somebody's mom made them invite me to. I talked to one of the roller girls and busted out my Slamazon pin. She was like "Um, where are you from?". Oh, just here. I'm an over excited dork trying to fit in. Awesome. Cripes. Note to self: keep self-promotional fantasy items under wraps next time.

I am very confident that when I try out in a few to a bunch of months, I'll be ready. I've removed a big hunk of the unknown for try-out time. I would have been really surprised by some of the drills. Watching people jump and fall was pretty intense. Those were some bad crashes. I want the team captains to watch me skate and write a big happy face by my name on the clipboard.

4 Comments:

Blogger Viva Von said...

OMG!!

This is v. v. exciting!!! I want to be next to you with a "coach" hat, a whistle around my neck, a clipboard under my arm, barking orders at random people!!!

That girl was just uber jealous of your fancy logo. Effer... *scribbling on clipboard* she's on my list now...

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll always be MY RollerGirl!!! Rock on Sweetheart!!!

Becks

11:31 AM  
Blogger Sometimes Velma said...

I am SO PROUD of you!
like I've said before...you ARE a rollergirl...(heart)

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

methinks derby girl was mighty jealous of fabulous slamazon pin!

You have to give me lots of notice as to when you are going to try out. I wanna be there. Next to Jenn and Viva in her coach hat. I know that one day soon, yoou are going to completely blow them away.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home