Saturday, March 11, 2006

Poor, poor Chipper

Anth and I hit Oaks Park to skate today. Honestly, is it really a good idea to have that many children in one area, on wheels, hopped up on Icees and Red Vines? I don't think we'll ever do a Saturday 2pm skate again. It was clearing out by 3pm, so maybe it would be better if we went later.

I had it easy compared to Chipper. Poor Chipper, the squirrel mascot, was getting molested by sticky little hands at every turn. I wish someone would do an expose on the teenage mascot lifestyle. You know that the dude at Chuck E. Cheese has it even worse. Those kids are also exposed to animatronics and violent video games along with the sugar.

I felt great skating today. My new skates are super fast and I felt very agile. I know I've said it before, but I could not believe how exponentially more comfortable I felt today.

I practiced getting my speed up and a bunch of cross-overs. I tried some t-stops, but it was hard to find a clear area where I wouldn't potentially smoosh children.

My new mantra for skating is "Don't be timid". There is no time for that. I can be careful, but any smidge of timid has got to go. I need to start practicing my falls sometime soon. I've yet to have my first big crash and I know it's out there. I think I'm more scared of getting up after the fall.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sometimes Velma said...

are you SERIOUS that there is a SQUIRREL MASCOT! OMG! I so wanna go there to see him when I come down to Portland...!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home