Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Committed

Last night I couldn't sleep. All I could think about was a new tattoo. I was able to get in to see Amy at Tiger Lily today, and I am now a proud owner of some new, gorgeous ink. As you see to the left, I have "skate" scripted on my left inner wrist. I needed to see this every day when I'm on the treadmill or doing push-ups or skating around Oaks Park. It means so much to me in this moment. I like to capture that in ink.

I cannot say that I can recommend this spot to another human being. This hurt significantly more than my other two on my back, and those are bigger and have shading. Ow, dudes. Seriously. It hurts to type now too.

But I really, really love it. And if the skating thing doesn't work out, I cover the "s" with a pretty flower and we're left with "kate". But that won't happen. It will work out.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in love with the tattoo! FO SHO!

8:42 AM  
Blogger Sometimes Velma said...

FK-N BEAUTIFUL!

Don't cover it up...if it doesn't work out on rollerskates you can take up skate boarding! FUN! (it WILL work out though...I just KNOW it!)

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me likey.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Viva Von said...

If you should lose one of your legs in some freak accident, I will legally change my name to "Skate"...

I'm there for ya sistah...

*double fist pound on chest*

11:38 PM  
Blogger Pearlgirl said...

Go, (S)Kate, go!

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way cool ink!!!! I'm too chicken to get one...I have an unnatural fear of needles!!! If I DO get one, will you come with???

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home