Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Slamazon saved by Seattle Duo

My fabulous friend Sandi has a girlfriend Greta who is a fabulous skateboarder. Together, they dragged me out of my protecitve gear pit of whining and self-doubt. With one little URL, they showed me a place where they custom fit elbow and knee pads. I just placed my order with Pro-Designed, Inc.

In 3 to 5 days, I will have an amazing set of pads that will fit me perfectly. No tugging, no limbs turning purple, no cursing the 12 year old boys that the pads are built for.

Greta also turned me on to Gravity Sports outside of Seattle that fits lots of larger people and is currently serving many Rat City Rollergirls. Dave, who I assume is completely rad, offered to check out my skates if I came up for a fitting. And offered to try to fit over the phone if I couldn't make it up there. I'm going with custom this time around, but all of my other business will go to Gravity. No question.

Thank you, my dear friends in Seattle. You pulled me out of a funk from 200 miles away and I adore you both.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sometimes Velma said...

YEAH! KATE! YOU! ARE! SO! RAD!
((yes, that was shouting))
I'm so glad you're on your way to protected knees and elbows! :)

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home