Monday, March 06, 2006

For the love of clipboards and new skates

I call the left skate Pinky and the right skate Tuscadero. They're fast and ready for indoor use. Being the rookie that I am, I'm getting to know more about wheels. Big Red's wheels are hearty and ready for road skating. Pinky and Tuscadero's wheels and more delicate and ridged for rink pleasure.

Oh, oh, oh! I got a couple of super nice emails from Magnet Mad Atom from the Rose City Rollers. We share a love of clipboards. She appreciated that my dorky sentence numbering. Happy, happy. I'll go to try-outs Wednesday and meet her. They're going to hold some training workshops to get ready for next year, too. I really hope that I can get involved with the events. Alter-ego Kate manages events during the day, and I think Slamazon would be a really good event manager too. Indeed.

I have a message for American Apparel. When a girl wants an XXL shirt, it usually does not mean that a girl is 5"0' and weighs 95 pounds. I ordered a rad Rat City Rollers shirt, and when I opened the package I was hysterical. Um, did I accidentally order one for a cabbage patch kid? Jesus, it was tiny. I'll make a pillow out of it or something...

I was back to the gym this morning. My hip is a little tweeked, but I was OK. I had an easy walk. I was annoyed to be up so early, so I need to get over myself. I'll work on that tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

RAD! I am so excited that she responded back and the training workshops sound like just the ticket.

Oh, and I completely share your loathing of American Apparel t-shirts.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Viva Von said...

I found your site!!! I found your site!!!

And now...

... I'm watching you...

*crazy stare with one twitchy eye*



Might I perhaps suggest a "Slamazon" t-shirt give-away at the SoCal Getcho-Groove-Onathon?! *giggle*

:/snort\:

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home