Friday, March 03, 2006

The Great Outdoors

I decided to not go the misdemeanor route to break into the abandoned high school. Early this morning Chachi and I went to meet Jenn and her super cute boyfriend over at Whitaker track. We walked a quick lap with them and headed home. I figured in its semi-abandoned state it would be a good place to strap on the skates.

Little things that I can do on skates amaze me. Well, first befuddle me then amaze me. I sat down in the grass to put on my skates. Then I realized that I had to stand up. It becomes a bit more complicated with wheels on your feet. I managed to get into a crawling position and get myself upright.

The track surface is a bit soft and challenging to skate on, but it is pretty clear of all the dangerous parking lot debris that I could run into. I stuck to one side of the track but got in some good skating. I'm getting really comfortable on them. It's becoming exponentially more comfortable each time I put them on.

I still get totally winded when I skate. I don't think the surface was helping. My shins weren't hurting as much, but I was getting out of breath really fast. Working in a different way, I suppose. I'm really glad I got out there. My confidence sky rockets every time I skate.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sometimes Velma said...

Top 5 Reasons: Why I'm not a RollerGirl

01. one hard knock to my right knee and the cap would zip off like a fuckin' hockey puck.
02. no matter what you might think...my hairy unshaven gams do NOT look good in fishnet stockings.
03. they don't make helmets size 3XL...my noggin is bigger than a water filled weather balloon.
04. "Velma" is not a kickass threatening name.
05. bad balance...the only wheels you'll see me on are those on the stretcher when the medic hauls my sorry ass off the ring.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home