Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Try-outs on the 8th. Mother of all that is good and holy.

Oy. I just saw on the Rose City Rollers page that they are having try-outs on March 8th. Next week? My head is spinning. Do I dare try out? Is this my chance? Yikes.

I emailed Magnet Mad Atom (rad name) to inquire about future try-out opportunies. I am curious about how dorky I sounded in the email. My usual inquiries are of the business kind and my "thanks in advance" and "I look forward to hearing from you" bullshit is l-a-m-e. Holy lame cube dweller.

OK, deep breath. My life is not over. This might not be my try-out time. That's OK.

OK, my spew is done. There will be other try-outs. So not the end of the world. But I'm going to keep the beginning of this post because it will be amusing someday.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better, my emails usually contain the same Miss Manners School of Polite and Formal Business Communication bullshit. L-A-M-E, indeed. I am pretty sure most people who don't know me who think from my emails that I am a 50 year old, highly coifed woman that wears pearls. egads!

I can't wait to hear Magnet Mad Atom's response. I say go to the try-outs and do some recon.

rock on, slamazon.

(5 points awarded for my poet-but-did-not-know-itness.)

9:21 AM  
Blogger Sometimes Velma said...

...fingers crossed...

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home