Thursday, March 30, 2006

My new friend, Wild Bill

I placed my order for my custom pads last night. Around 2:30 PM today, I got an email from the owner of Pro-Designed, Inc. asking me to give him a call or to email him my phone number.

I gave him call right back because I want my pads. I spent the next 38 minutes on the phone with my new friend, Wild Bill. That's him over there in that picture. I borrowed that from his site, I hope that's OK. It's all in love.

He assured me that I didn't have the biggest girl calves he's ever seen (21 inches), but I might be the heaviest one. But he only asks because he has to, to make sure that I add an extra cap to my pads. He doesn't want me to get hurt. But he knows to not usually ask a lady that question. And he'd never tell another person my name if he talked about my pads and how much I weigh.

He told me a bunch of stories about his client of 20 years, Tony Hawk, who is a totally great guy by the way, Texas roller derby, his recent hospital stay because of a bad toe injury, his 25 pound dog who eats the lining out of car doors, and how girls are much cooler than boys in general. I love this dude. He was totally cracking me up.

He obviously loves what he does, and wanted to make sure that his product worked for me. He added a buckle feature (don't really know that that is, but if said I needed it I'm sure I do), and gave me great instructions about fixing the extra knee cap protector.

Wild Bill obviously has a reverence for roller girls and I dig that. And he said he wouldn't want to skate against me, so he bets everyone would want me on my team.

You had me at 21 inch calves, Wild Bill.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sometimes Velma said...

yeah! that is so rad!

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg! This guy sounds awesome! WOOOHOOOO!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home