Sunday, March 25, 2007

B-day and D-day

My birthday yesterday coincided with the season opener for the Rose City Rollers. It was such a great day. I had helped coordinate Fresh Meat (FM) volunteer stuff and the volunteer green room, and I'm happy to say that everything came together and the FM girls just kick ass. What a stellar group. I, and 10 other FM's, got to take stats. Best damn seats in the house. Up by the stage, a level off the floor, right above the penalty box. We could see everything.

And there was much to be seen. The second half games between the Guns and Rollers/High Rollers and the Heathers/Betties was some of the best and most exciting 40 minutes of derby I have ever witnessed. Tight scores, amazing athleticism, and very eventful jams. Wow. I'm still processing a lot of it.

And Rocko was sweet enough to announce to the crowd that it was by birthday. And I was silly enough to tell the crowd that I was turning 21. Oh my.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved it when Rocko announced your birthday. I screamed my little head off for you!

You did such an amazing job getting all the fresh meat girls together at the bout. Everyone is impressed!!

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home