Friday, September 08, 2006

Core Strength

I did a couple of things today that I think are going to move my derby training leaps and bounds. First, I joined a gym downtown. I'll start working out at lunch time. I know it's the best for me. It's the best way for me to sustain regular workouts. I don't know why I didn't start it sooner, but I know it's the right thing to do.

Another major impetus to join the gym is to take Pilates classes with Britt, my trainer. I have a workshop tomorrow morning for 2 hours, and my regular class starts on Wednesday. I think this is going to be the key to better balance on my skates. I became pretty advanced in Pilates a few years ago, and it changed the way I walked, sat, and worked out. I felt stronger all over.

I'm really excited. I think these two changes are going to be so positive, and I'm thrilled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home