Sunday, September 03, 2006

10 hours of derby!

I spent all day yesterday in Seattle at the Bumbershoot Derby invitational.

Here's the #1 most important thing that I saw: Big girls kicking ass at derby. Small girls trying to block them and bouncing off like they had hit an upright trampoline. My faves were Derringer from Texas and Diva State from Seattle.

Derringer was a sick skater. I saw her on the street after the bout, and I'm guessing she's about 5'10", and 99% muscle. Bad ass.

Diva State has amazing form and is the captain of the Seattle travel team. I loved watching her use her size to her advantage.

It means so much to me to see bigger athletic girls out there being an asset to the teams. So inspiring and motivating. I will be an amazing skater some day. I know it and I'm ready to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home