Wednesday, September 06, 2006

It was bound to happen

I took my next inevitable big fall this morning. It reminds me exactly why I put on a helmet every time I skate and why I pull on those crash pads. It's weird to hit your head really hard on the pavement and then be just fine. I did land on my back, but more of lower back than low-low tailbone.

The worst part of the whole ordeal was that the majority of my body landed in wood chips, or some strange combo of parking lot debris. I've already found a few unfortunately placed slivers and I'm sure I'll be encountering more.

I got in workout #2 at lunch time today. Nice little weight routine.

It's now about 14 hours after the fall, and I'm making the executive decision to take a day off tomorrow. I'm having some minor back spasms and my neck is really sore. I might skate tomorrow night, but I'm going to take it easy during the day. And I'm OK with it. Better safe than sorry.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure the back spasms aren't from your Tyra Banks impersonation?

By the way, the Betties have all fallen in love your Big Tony!

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home