Sunday, August 27, 2006

Yowza

In the hope of starting on a positive note, I went skating. My new skates were awesome. A bit slippery, but smooth. And they fit oh so very well.

I am so out of shape. It's almost laughable. I've been pretty much off exercise since June 6th. I had a week or so in there post-ass break/pre-mono, but nothing consistent. It was rough. My shins hurt and my legs were wobbly.

But you know what? I went skating, dammit. I'm not letting an injury or sickness stop me from achieving this goal.

Here's what's going to happen:
I will do roller derby.
I will get in shape.
I will have a strong, healthy, and most likely smaller body.

I have this confirmed healthy heart and it's time to start taking care of it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kisses my positive princess. I'm right there with ya.

And my calves hurt every time I read these. Its shocking that what we used to do for hours and hours can be so painful after 15 (ok 20) years of "not" doing it.

xoxo

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home