Monday, August 28, 2006

What a difference some wheels make

I just got done skating outside on my new Route 70 wheels. Oh. My. God.

I can't believe I've been skating on those Sure-Grips for so long now that I have these. I suppose the old wheels were safer since these babies are fast. I probably wasn't ready for them yet.

So, yeah, I skated for 10 mintues before my calves started hurting and my legs started shaking. 10:50 seconds, to be exact. I'm starting over. Well, instead of being totally out of shape and not being able to skate, I'm totally out of shape and I can kind of skate.

I just went back and read a bunch of posts from my first few months of training. I need to find that chipper, humorous, hopeful girl again. I'm still all of those things, I think, they're just not coming to the surface right nowl. Perhaps I've become to serious after my injury?

Oh, one thing I know for sure. I am afraid to fall. My body tenses up like a dead squirrel when I even waver a bit. I need to get over that and fast. Falling + being stiff = big ouch. I need to stay loose. To go with the flow of it all. To love the feeling of skating again instead of waiting for the big fall.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sometimes Velma said...

yeah! back on skates...and faster than ever!

♥cherry

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home