Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The worst of the best, part deux

I need to get this out before I can sleep.

Here's what I know... In mid-February, I could barely stand up on skates. Toward the end of February, I could go around the rink a couple of times and that was about it. In March, I could fall over but I couldn't get up.

Tonight I wasn't the best, but when I consider where I started a few months ago, I rule. It doesn't matter if I was the best or the worst girl there. I was really good for ME. I can't compare myself to other people. I asked one of the zippy girls how long she had been skating and her answer was "Since I was 10." I'd gauge her around my age, so she's been at it for 20-25 years. And she was GREAT.

I've been skating for 4 months. And for going from completely out of shape to where I am now, I'm GREAT.

There is a really good chance I might not make the team this time around. I'm OK with that. It might not be my time and my body might not be ready.

Oh, and thanks to my great friends Jenn, Steph and Julia who talked to me after the workshop and made me feel good about myself. And Mandy Bandy who believes in me from 3000 miles away. And my boy who brought me a flower and would be proud of me no matter what.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You DO rule! I am so impressed that you went out with the advanced group. Kate, you have made amazing progress in just a few short months. I am SOOOOOO proud of you!

(((KATE)))

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The eye of the tiger, young grasshopper. The eye of the tiger.

:-)

12:52 PM  
Blogger Viva Von said...

Baby, you rock mah world...

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home