Saturday, May 20, 2006

Need to remember

The first time I went to Oaks Park I could barely get around 3 times before my shins started killing me and I needed a rest.

Today I started out with a five minute skate to see how it would compare to skating outside. The derby skills test includes a 5 minute endurance skate, so I wanted to make sure I could do at least that. It was smooth. I felt great. The five minutes flew by. I ended up skating about 40 minutes total. Did 3 runs of 5 minutes and a whole bunch in between. I even dodged a kid who fell right in front of me. My reflexes are fantastic, if I do say so myself.

God, I hope I make the team. I love skating. I love the thought of being part of that group. Today was really encouraging. I can skate. I really, really can.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! That is such incredible progress! WOOHOO!

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home