Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I heart my trainer

I had my final pre-try out session with my trainer Britt tonight.

I was telling her how worried I was about being fat and having it be liability for derby. She told me to completely own it or completely leave it behind. I can't have it lingering in the back of my mind. I need to go in as the good skater that I've become and take the "I'm scared and fat" label off my forehead. To go in there and command it like she knows I can. It really, really helped me re-frame a lot of things in my head.

She put together some tweaks for my program to get some good strength training in and some yoga. Lord knows I need to calm my mind.

I am so, so lucky to have Britt.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your trainer is a smart cookie!

I am so proud of you! You are going to rock their socks off!

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Own it! Wow! That is some GREAT advice!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home