Monday, May 22, 2006

TIMBER!

Oh, my first big fall was glorious.

I put on my full pads tonight (as I will whenever I skate outside now) to practice one knee falls. Sliding on one knee is rad. I'm getting really good at sliding on my left knee and being able to get up quickly on my right leg without slowing down too much. Left side, not so much, but I can slide pretty well.

I was feelng a little bawdy, so I decided to try a double knee fall. But instead of falling forward, I took a big old fall on my ass. Specifically, the bottom right cheek and right wrist broke the fall. And it didn't kill me. I layed there for a minute and caught my breath, but aside from a bruised butt and sore hand, I'm totally fine. I got back up and did a few more single knee slides for good measure. Back on the horse, and all.

I need to take a couple of pics of the thrashing that my skates took tonight. One of the tongues is shredded and I understand the importance of duct tape on the toes now.

Falling is good, good stuff.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sometimes Velma said...

butt bruises are wicked sexy.
sweet! :)

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am totally expecting a shot of your bruised arse.

also, it is rad that your skates are thrashed. i mean what kind of bad arse derby girl is gonna show up at tryouts with pristine skates?

I think this makes it official! You ARE a bad arse derby girl.

Um. and did I already say that I miss you? Oh, I did? ahem.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home