Tuesday, September 19, 2006

WOOOOHOOOOOO!

Here I am, exhausted, sweaty, and happier than hell.

I couldn't keep up with all the drills, but I kept moving the whole 2 hours. I am sore, and I sweaty and I can't stop smiling.

I got to scrimmage. I could only keep up with the pack for a lap or two, but I was in there. I'm not freaked out by skating in a pack at all. I love it. LOVE IT. I love looking over my shoulder and angling for the jammer. I can't wait until I'm good enough to form walls at the front of the pack. It's going to be so much hard work, but I am meant to do this. I know it for sure now.

I
LOVE
ROLLER DERBY!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first league practice I totally fell on my face from sheer exaustion.

From checking out your blog and seein' ya skate, I can tell that you've got the determination and devotion to really get good at this.

At first you're just trying to make your feet keeping moving, then suddenly one day you realize that you're doing everything just as good as everyone else is, and that day is awesome.

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear that your first practice went well! Yay for Slamazon!

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i adore you kate! i knew you could and would do this. you are an inspiration!!

smooches!

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angling for the jammer, huh? You've got it in your blood, Slammy.

YOU ROCK AND ROLL ON THOSE SKATES!!!!

:-)

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home