Saturday, September 30, 2006

Big girl skates

My Reidell 125s arrived yesterday from Sin City Skates. I was worried that they were a bit small, but Sk8 Tech from the Guns N Rollers checked them out for me last night. I think we have a fit!

I think investing in a good boot is going to make a huge difference in staying on skates for hours on end. The initial break in is going to be brutal, but the arch support and having the leather mold to the shape of my foot is going to be oh so good. Plus, my feet are wide and having the laces go all the way to the toe allows for a custom fit for my big ass feet.

I can't wait for the bout tonight. I went to rehearsal last night, and these girls are ready to play. And I get to skate out and be introduced at half time! You wouldn't think I would be nervous about that, but I am. Anything can happen in one lap. Please don't let me bite it, skate gods and goddesses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home