Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Workin' the booty

After my poutfest last night, I left a message my trainer and tried to bag out on my pilates class. She called me back and offered to do modifications for me during the class, so I conceded and attended.

And, of course, I am so glad I went. I needed to succeed at something physical. My back/butt was still sore, but with Britt's modifications I did much better than I thought I could. I needed a damn good stretch and some ab work, and I got it.

It was a double dose training day and I met with Britt this afternoon to get my new plan for the next month. Along with my 3 practices, I'm doing additional cardio and a couple of days of weights. The workout is challenging and full of squats and something called "the camel", which sounds innocent but actually involves a plank position and crawling from hands to forearms.

And today, two lovely strangers left much needed comments on my blog (see below). I can't tell you how much it matters to me that there are people out there rooting for me to succeed. And Suzy is right - take it easy for a week or sit out for 6-8. I do feel like I have something to prove as a big girl. Like I need to be really good *right now* to earn my keep. I need to maintain perspective and find some patience with myself. Thanks proud fan and Suzy. It means a lot.

My uber-marathon runner co-worker today reminded me of something very important. I'm an athlete. I was in my past and I will be again. Hell, I already am. I just need to bring her out more frequently, because she's an ass kicker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home