Sunday, May 14, 2006

Adult onset fun

I've never had allergies before, but apparently I do now. After trying Claritin-D (which for me meant "D"amn, I need to take a 4 hour nap) and moving onto regular Claritin, I seem to be sniffly post-nasal drip, tonsil grossness free. Good times.

I've been reading and re-reading the skill requirements lately. Biggest fears: one knee falls (getting up without using hands) and the five minute endurance test. I'm going to open up each skating session outside with a 5 minute skate. I bet that sounds pretty easy, huh? Yeah, not so much. And when I get winded I seem to find every stick and rock to trip over. I can do it today with lots of heavy breathing involved. I figure in a month, on a smooth-non-rocky surface, I'll be good to go.

I'm going to practice falls in the backyard in the grass later tonight. I need to learn that I can fall and get back up and all will be well. And I'm sure I'll entertain the neighbors too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home