Monday, May 15, 2006

Early morning skate

I had to get out this morning, as it is now a sizzling 95 degrees in Portland.

I noticed more this morning that when I'm skating for time (trying to do the 5 minutes endurance piece every morning) I get fatigued much easier than when I'm just winging around enjoying myself and just feeling the skates glide and enjoying the speed.

"Exercise" is totally mental for me. I think my body reacts to my mentality about the task at hand. It's like the "workout" part makes my pulse race before I even start. But fun and gliding leaves me in a nice relaxed state.

Not a huge revelation, but something I need to keep reminding myself of when I'm out there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sometimes Velma said...

95! YUCK!

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home